Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The wheels on the bed go round and round

So last weekend my roommates went to Purdue to go to a football game. I hate when they just leave like that for long periods of time (two days being a long period of time) even though I don't think twice when I take off for home or wherever else for a week at a time. Saturday night I left the bars early from being with my friends as I do every Saturday night since I work on Sundays. I walk into the apartment, throw on all the lights, talkin on the phone, and my arms are full of multiple purses and bags. I walked by Tim's room and hear "hi". It scared the shit outta me and I immediately felt HORRIBLE for being so loud. Evidently they decided to drive home on Saturday instead of waiting till Sunday (this mirrors the decision we made after the monon bell game last year...another story, another time) So I proceeded to loudly apologize to Tim for being so loud. Then, after I was positive that my apology had at this point woken Nathan up, I just shut up and shut myself in my room.

It is now Wednesday and I just got home from dinner with Kara, Stac, and Kate. I haven't been in Indy for the past three days so it feels like it's been awhile since I've seen the boys. When I walked in Nathan was vacuuming (he is ALWAYS vacuuming) and Tim was just wandering around. Tim followed me back to my room and was trying to ask me questions about my night/week/whatever. I responded with, "I really have to pee" and shut the door on him. After relieving the two glasses of water and one cherry limeade that I drank at dinner I went back to Tim's room to ask for his manly assistance. The bed in my room hasn't been placed exactly where I wanted it to be. If you know me personally at all...you know that I've been sleeping on an air mattress for the entire summer. I'm finally off of the air mattress but didn't take the time to move the bed appropriately against the wall. Plus, I was getting annoyed that my pillows kept falling off the head of the bed at night. Tim had decided to take a nap and was laying in bed but jumped up because I was in need of him. So, the boys flexed their muscles and followed me back to my room to help me move my bed. I asked them if they thought the best method would be to lift the entire bed and move it. Nathan asked me why I didn't just push it and I told him I didn't want to do that because I didn't want to just move the top mattress and not have the entire bed move...that'd be a pain. While we're discussing this, Tim is bent over peering under the bed to make the discovery that (dum dum da) it's on wheels!! So they barely touch it and roll the bed against the wall. Nathan guestimated a measurement that they moved it 4 inches. My bad :D

After moving the bed I tried to talk them into taking a "family" trip to the recycle bin. Our recycle is overflowing. They didn't think this was such a hot idea and claimed they need to study. I would just like to end this post with the quote that just rang throughout our apartment:

Nathan: "Tim what are you doing?!"
Tim: "I'm going to poop and read a magazine"
Nathan: "Are you going to take a nap?"
Tim: "No, I'm going to take a dump...then maybe a nap."

No comments:

Post a Comment