Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Today (June 15) is exactly one year since the best bedroom in the apartment became MY bedroom. Looking back, it is funny how many things have changed around here, and how many have stayed the same.

Last year I slept on an air mattress all summer, this year I have a comfy bed :)

Last summer/fall the boys and I spent many nights staying up way too late having "kitchen conversations" which entailed standing in the kitchen eating some sort of junk food and telling hilarious stories of our days (and me probably doing some sort of ballet using the wall as my barre). This year, our lives have gotten the best of us and we're lucky if we find the time on Sunday/Monday nights to tell stories of just the weekend.

The boys inserting my name or their names into songs is exactly the same from last year to now. We have had some good ones lately. For example, I made up one while listening to some country on a drive home. I laughed so hard out loud that I texted it to Tim...and I got no response. It was clearly not as funny as I thought, but it went something like this. "Tim gets down, he turns around, he boots, he scoots, and he BOOGIES!" Hahahaha. If you want to be a part of the fun, just stop on by the apartment sometime and your name will undoubtedly be inserted into one of the newest rap songs or oldest classics!

A year ago all that was ahead of us was a crazy year of living together. Now what's ahead of us is Nathan is moving out at the end of the month, and Tim and I have no idea what we're doing with our lives as far as living situation goes. It's sad and funny how time passes so quickly. And when a stage of our lives is over we have to smile because it happened, not frown because it's ending.

I love both of these boys so much it hurts. I don't always show it, but if you think about it, we all tend to treat, from time to time, the people we care about the most the worst. It's like people get this irrational idea in their heads that if someone is SUPPOSED to know you love them, you don't have to show or tell them. And I am no exception to this generalization.

Sadly, our time together with all three of us is very limited and we literally have no weekend left that we will all be together. However, the good news is that Nathan should be done with summer school and will probably come visit us every weekend anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment