Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Worried Sick

Sometimes I do things that just worry the boys sick. It all started a few weeks ago when I was spending some time downtown. I had told the boys I would be gone for awhile but didn't tell them how long. I ended up having too much fun illegally going into the Indianapolis Dream Home in the middle of the night (they should really get a security system in that thing) and didn't get home until very late. I was slightly insulted around 10pm that night when I hadn't received a text from either one of them wondering where I was at or when I was coming home. The next day I was talking to them about the night before and they started the conversation with, "Where WERE you we were worried sick about you!" It turns out that they contemplated texting me to find out what I was up to, but decided against it because they thought if I wanted them to know where I was at, I would tell them. I bet there are quite a few teenagers out there right now wishing their parents thought the same way!

Second example: Last week after a hot tub date that I desperately needed (my back had been killing me for days) I got home by 11 which was exactly when I said I would be home. I walked in the door to hear Tim say, "Where WERE you we were worried sick about you!"

Example Today: You see, a couple of weeks ago I got home from work and this thought crossed my mind about how absolutely wonderful it would be if I walked through the door some night to find dinner cooking. This is no joke...the next day I walked in and Tim was making a crock-pot full of Chicago style roast beef. And the next night, he brought home two pizzas. It was unbelievably amazing. How does that tie into tonight?? Tonight I got home to find Nathan making penne with ground turkey, green peppers, onions, and habanero (for added kick). I wanted to go running while it was still light out so Nathan told me I had 20 minutes before dinner was ready. I told him I'd be back in 20 and took off. About 40 minutes later I was walking up to our apt from the neighborhood beside us and I could see Nathan down the street with his arms in the air indicating "where have you been?!!?" When I returned to the apartment I said, "What, were you worried sick about me?" And he said, "No. We're WAITING on you to eat." My bad. I guess they don't worry as much as I thought :)

1 comment:

  1. You forgot how Tim texted you on the way home from Bloomington saying, "I'm worried sick about you, where are you?" haha

    ReplyDelete