Sunday, August 16, 2009

Over some eggs, toast, hashbrowns, pancakes, and large waters (post birthday bliss) with Stacy and Neal I felt inspired to create a blog about what it is like to be a 23 year old girl living with two 25 year old "boys". I was politely reminded by Stacy today that, judging from my HUNDREDS of facebook threads to our group of friends over the past four years, I tend to talk/write a little too much. Concise is key. I'm sure it will take me awhile to learn that concept.

As my first post I need to give a brief background of how I came to be in this position of living with Tim and Nathan. Last summer I was lucky enough to spend every day of the first half of the summer sitting in front of Sam "CC" in our physics class. (Insert moment of silence for how much we all miss CC since he moved away for PT school) At that time CC was living with Tim and Nathan, so through him I met his roommates. When CC went back to school Josh moved in to continue his law school journey (shoutout to IUPUI law students). Josh got married in June. Tim and Nathan needed a roommate, I needed a place to live. End of story.

It's going to be an interesting year. Exhibit A:
It is currently 24 hours after August 15th, 2009 when the annual Quadruple August Birthday Bash happened.

As we made our way from Chumleys to Wild Beaver we lost Nathan. Considering we were down about 20 people from last year and there were only about 15 of us, it wasn't that difficult to keep everyone together. Even Mike B., who didn't even know his own name, didn't get lost. Yet, Nathan was gone. A dozen phone calls and a couple bars later Stacy and I went back to my apt to find Nathan sound asleep. We found out this morning he decided to walk the 4+ miles from BR to our apt. It took him just under an hour and a half...and he was in flip flops. Now, Nathan isn't a huge guy but he's fairly built and could hold his own in a fight, I'm sure. But if someone wanted to mug him they would have no problem. Scenario:

"Give me all your money or I'll kick your ass." --Big mean mugger guy
"Prove it." --Nathan

I'm sure as a former wrestler he's pretty scrappy, but his mouth gets him in trouble.

This morning as Stacy and I layed on the futon (which we perfectly positioned directly in front of the tv in the early morning hours to watch a movie) Nathan sat down to chat with us. Btw, the movie was HBOLE's Sex and the City in spanish. After discussing the previous night we somehow turned the conversation to having children...very random. Nathan let us know that he doesn't care what his other kids' names are but he is naming one of his sons Boss. Boss?? wtf. Stacy let him know that that may not be such a great idea because that is kind of a badass name, and what if his son isn't a badass? Nathan argued that the boy would be in a win win situation. He would either be a badass with a badass name, or he'd suck and still have a badass name. Sounds to me like that's gonna be one lucky kid.

As for Tim this weekend...he's in New York. But when he gets back we're going to make him wear the IU apron and fry up the fish fillets :)

The boys would like for me to add in how nice it is to get to see them right after they've showered when their rippling muscles are glistening. (I, in fact, have never seen their muscles glisten)

So, here I am sitting in the living room of our apartment with ESPN on the tv as my background noise. I just finished watching some of the worst throws in baseball and am now catching up with scores. And I didn't realize until just now that this is sort of abnormal for a female. I would like to take this moment to express my appreciation to the ex-boyfriend who refused to ever turn the television away from sports news. Seven years later I voluntarily watch ESPN. I believe it was his way of putting me through training to someday be able to live with two guys and not go crazy.

1 comment:

  1. i would like to argue that i did, in fact, know my own name.

    ReplyDelete